Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Blog Intro

Hello bookworms!

I didn't think my blog should just start with no introduction to myself, so here we are.

My name's Katie. I'm 21. Finishing my senior year in college (wahhhh). I rarely write anything in complete sentences, but other than that I'm a pretty crazy grammar nazi. Sorry if that offends you! I'm a singer and a writer. I'm the music director of an acapella group and I'm in a music fraternity. I only work during the summer and winter holidays, but I have two jobs--an internship in communications and I work at Target.

I used to love to read. When I was in high school, I would read on the bus to school, I would read in class after tests. I was constantly checking out 10 books at a time from the library. Over the summer, I would lay outside on a lawn chair for hours reading, finishing a book and a half a day. Sometime after I started dating my boyfriend and starting college, I suddenly had no time to read ever. Then somewhere around my sophomore year, I got REALLY busy and started working, and now I actually have less time than I did before. BUT. This summer, I am making it my mission to be more adamant about reading--starting series I've been wanting to start, finishing series that I've been wanting to finish, reading all those stand-alones I've had on my list (aka, ANNA AND THE FRENCH KISS), and catching up on series I need to catch up on (like that still have more books to come out). My sister and I have both decided to be more on top of our TBR lists. So we will be reading like fiends together this summer in our spare time (which for me, isn't much time)! And here we are now. Reading my first post on my blog. Excellent :)

I'm a pretty slow reader. Which surprises me because I was in the advanced reader group in elementary school. Then all of a sudden I was in 8th grade with a 5th grade reading level. What's even more surprising is that my sister wasn't a very good reader as a kid, but now she's a great reader--she reads fast and thoroughly. (Not to mention she's a genius, but that's besides the point.)

But! All that aside, I've been pretty diligent about crossing books off my TBR pile so far. I've been a little over-ambitious, but that's okay. Who isn't? So far I've finished 4 books this month, and I hope to finish two more. Hopefully? We'll see? The month is almost over and I work every day for the rest of May. So maybe not. But that's my goal!

Now that I've rambled five minutes of your life away, enjoy my blog! Hopefully this will inspire some of you to cross some books off your TBR lists :)

Happy Summer! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment